Friday 2 December 2011

ELF Haul (with their Mystery Box!) ...........and then one with 40% off!

I absolutely love Elf (eyes lips face) products! Very cheap but good quality products! (most of them anyway). Even though the prices are brilliant they always seem to have some sort of offer on whether its money off or a free gift. Recently I took up their offer of if you spent more than £10 (I think!) You received a free mystery box! I was intruiged and so I had to buy a few things. The second offer not long after was a 40% off. I was originally going to do two posts but thought I would just throw it all in one (so apologises if its long!)

Haul no 1. The Mystery Box


1. Angled Foundation Brush £3.50 I actually meant to buy the Angled Contour Brush but bought this instead. Not the best brush I have got from Elf  :(

2. Hollywood Eyelashes.£3.50 I have never been that great at applying fake eyelashes which means I rarely wear them and don't get the practice! I am always quite happy with my lashes after a few coats of mascara however i would like a more dramatic effect at times. I mainly bought this set to try out the eyelash applicator!

3. Studio Blush in Peachykeen £3.50 I was drawn to this one immediately.

4. Complete Coverage Concealer in light £3.50 I was interested to try a set of concealers so I could blend and mix colours.

For buying all this I got a Free mystery box which included the following:



A Beautybook - Natural Eye Edition (worth £6) Nail polish in Twinkle (worth £1.50) and Cream Eyeliner in Coffee (worth £3.50)

I am so happy with the free gifts I received!! Unfortunately one shade in the Beautybook had smashed however it will still be usable.
I was after a sparkly nail polish and this one is brilliant although it does take about 5 coats to get a decent cover of glitter and I absolutely love the cream eyeliner, I have used it almost everyday since I got  it!

Haul No 2. 40% off


Ok so not long after the mysterybox offer Elf had a 40% off everything deal on and so I ordered a few more things some of which I meant to order the last time round. I will list their original price.

1. Blending Eye Brush £5.50 This brush is from the Elf Mineral collection. I already have a No7 Blending brush which I love but thought I would try this one out mainly for using with different shades to save on cleaning (very lazy I know!)

2. Powder Brush £3.50 I have read several people raving about this for applying their foundation. I normally use my Sigma F80 (which is amazing!) but as I have a few foundations that I go between, depending on the tanning situation, I thought it couldn't hurt to have an alternative.

3. Studio Blush in Blushing Rose £3.50 After being very impressed with the blush I bought in the first haul I got this shade as I thought it seemed like a good one for this time of year.

4. Eyebrow Kit in Ash £3.50 I did already have this but cannot find it anywhere which led me to buy the Sleek Eyebrow Kit. I much prefer the Elf one so had to repurchase it! (may do a review on both eyebrow kits?)

5. Dual Pencil Sharpener £1.50 My one that I have had for so many years, its unreal, broke and so I needed another.

Right, onto shades and swatches to give you a better idea.

Eye Brow Kit in Ash

Complete Concealer Coverage in Light
Studio Blush in Blushing Rose
Studio Blush in Peachykeen

Blush Swatches
 I also bought a lipstick in my second order but forgot to add it in the collective image (oops)

Mineral Lipstick in Cheerful Cherry £3.50 I was after a dark lipstick to wear for my works Christmas Doo. It is not as dark as it is shown on the website but is still a lovely colour.



Another thing to mention is the packaging which in no way reflects the price of the product! I think it actually looks quite sleek and simple. If you haven't looked at Elf products before I would definitely recommend them. You can see their products here.

xx

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to try some Elf products, these all look great x

    ReplyDelete