Monday 30 January 2012

The Body Shop - Camomile Gentle Eye Make-up Remover

Hey Guys! I thought I would do a wee review on the current eye make-up remover I am using. I previously just used to use make-up wipes to remove all my make up and then use my Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish ( I know this also removes make up but I hate getting the muslin cloth clarted in foundation etc) As I sometimes wear quite a bit of eye make up sometimes a wipe is just not enough!

I wanted something quite soothing and so the first place I thought to go was the Body Shop where I picked up their Camomile Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover (250ml for £8)

The Body Shop describe it as follow:

This non-oily cleanser removes make-up in seconds and conditions lashes and lids.
  • Gently removes eye make-up
  • Leaves lashes and lids clean
  • Light and soothing
  • Fragrance and colour-free

When I first got this I was surprised that it was a clear water-like product (I expected a slightly thicker consistency I think) I place some on a cotton pad and wipe the eyes. Now this is very good at removing the make up however it does sometimes take a couple of pads as it smudges the make up around the eyes rather than 'eat it up' The first time I used it I think I was a little too generous with the solution and boy did it sting! I find it does still sting my eyes slightly (I think I am used to it now) which I was surprised at, due to the name really! However it is definitely not greasy in the slightest, nor does it dry out the eye area.


At the moment I do not think I would repurchase this when it is finished (I have another product to try which I will review when I have finished this one up) Thats not to say it doesn't do exactly what it is supposed to, I just don't enjoy the slight sting of the eye I get when using it.

xx

2 comments:

  1. I find that its so hard to find a good eye makeup remover. I am using the Clarins one and the Clinique one but neither are very good at taking my mascara off. Im still left with panda eyes which is so annoying! lol.

    x

    ReplyDelete