Tuesday 10 January 2012

MUA Haul

Hello Everyone!!I had planned to put the post up before Christmas but time just slipped away! 

So anyway when I was supposed to be buying presents for other people I was putting in the odd online order for myself! I had seen a few posts on the MUA Immaculate Pallette and thought it looked great and when I went on to buy it they were still giving it away free if you spent more than £8 (any excuse to buy more).
MUA are a great budget make-up brand with most items coming in at only £1! I think the dearest is £8! They have recently opened an online store which is great if,like me, your Superdrug store has a really limited range.







This is actually by second purchase of this product. It's the only eye primer I have ever tried and it works brilliantly!





I am admittedly not the best at putting on eyeliner (normally as I am half asleep in the morning!) and so I thought I would give a pen tip liner a try. At the beginning I thought it was a really black eyeliner and would be great however since first application it doesn't appear as striking, almost as if it's drying out already. I will give it a few more tries before I am certain but I do also want to try the Loreal Carbon Gloss.






I actually think the swatches/pictures on the MUA website do not give the best representation of the actual colour of the product. I bought shade 6 which actually looked more of a mauve/grey colour in the images but nope it's purple! Which I do actually still like despite not being what I was expecting.



I was originally drawn to the shimmery shades in this palette and there is definitely some really beautiful colours but also a few I don't think I will end up touching. I agree with a few other comments I have read about this palette that it all seems to be in a bit of random order and I think it may have been better to have colours more together. Not an issue just a preference really.




I haven't bought a gloss in a very long time and decided on the nude shade. It is a plumping lipgloss and so it has that effect that makes your lips tingle (which definitely brought me back to my younger years!) not the best feeling however it's bareable.





I LOVE this lipstick!! I have had my eye on Mac's Impassioned for a long time but have never taken the plunge. I thought this would make a good cheap alternative and I was right. It's just beautiful!! (the photo does not do this colour justice!)
Does anyone have any other MUA favourites?

xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment