Monday 21 November 2011

A Recipe For Soft Lips

When I was younger I was obsessed with Vaseline and I mean obsessed!! I would religiously put it on my lips so many times a day I lost count. Why did I do this?? I am not entirely sure, I think it more became a habit than anything else but at that time I wasn't really into lipstick (perhaps the odd lip gloss) although I liked the shine I got from a tin of Vaseline. I wore it so much that my lips became so accustomed to it that if I went so much as a morning without applying it my lips would feel really tight and like they were drying out. I can safely say I have now kicked this habit. I do ,of course, still own a couple of tins of the stuff and I do particularly like the pink tinted one :)

Moving on from this reminiscent ramble..........I have always found that my lips are slightly unpredictable in terms of their condition. They are never ridiculously dry although I find that loose skin can be made apparent when I apply lipstick (sorry! that sounds disgusting!) but applying lip balm just didn't seem enough to solve this problem. However, I have since found a solution (aslong as I remember to do it!).



Sweet Lips Sugar Lip Scrub from Lush. This is essentially an exfoliator for your lips. You gently rub a little onto your lips to scrub off any skin (or in fact foundation that may still be on your lips). This leave them soft and smooth ready for the application of lip balm. The best bit is they are edible meaning you can just lick off the excess or alternatively just wash it off. They come in several different 'flavours' and I have the Vanilla and Chocolate  one.  It is £4.95 for a 25g jar which I think is very good as I have had mine for ages and have barely made a dent in it!

I normally use this in the morning followed by lipbalm to create a good base for lipstick. Recently I have been using a couple of Blistex products.




The first one is an Intensive Moisturiser which is a creamy consistency and leaves a white coating on your lips when first applied however this soaks in to leave the lips nice and soft. The second one I have is the Lip Massage. This one is quite a thick clear gel which is brought up through the whole in the top by turning the wee screw bit at the bottom. As can be seen in the image below the top of the product has small wavy ridges on it which "massages" your lips! I have to say it does actually feel really nice to do!!




These are actually the first Blistex products I have bought (they were on offer in superdrug) and I am really glad I did! They definitely make a nice change to my usual Carmex.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment