Wednesday 9 November 2011

A trip to 17

I headed to the 17 section in boots the other week for one particular reason and this was....... their Wild Metallics Cream Eyeshadow (which I think I saw on The Sunday Girls Blog) and this is what I came out with.


It turned out they had an offer if you spent more than £5 you got a free gift set and I had eyed up the trio set before so thought this was the perfect time to go for that as well!

Back to the reason I went in..... I went for the shade Wild Nude which I would describe more as a sort of taupe colour with a purple tint to it. It is a beautiful shade! It is a lovely light non greasy, creamy formula which blends in perfectly with my finger. This is actually my first ever cream eyeshadow! (*gasps) and so I really don't have anything else to compare it to but I do like it (and for £3.99 it's not bad)
I have seen you can get brushes specifically for cream eyeshadows although are these worth getting? Give me your thoughts if you know.



And so, I also bought one of the Trio eyeshadow sets in Vengence. The three shades consist of a deep purple, brown/gold and a silver/grey which all have a slight shimmer to them. They are fairly pigmented and I think they are a great combination of shades for Autumn.






In buying these to things I got a free gift of a liquid eyeliner, a lipgloss and an eyeshadow. All things I wouldn't have bought myself however I am sure I will use them all at some point.


Oh I almost forgot! Also included in this free gift set was a voucher that entitles you to 100 boots points when you spend £5 on any 17 cosmetics. Any recommendations? :)

xx

3 comments:

  1. I've given you an award :) http://creativi-teay.blogspot.com/2011/11/versatile-blogger-award.html xx Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana - Thank you!! Will get round to doing this at some point :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, that's a generous gift set!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete